July 29th, 2012
(ENENews) – NBC News reports on one of Japan’s nuclear ghost towns in a sobering article on the still deteriorating state of the Fukushima nuclear reactors.
Source: NBC News
Author: Kyle Drubek
Date: July 26, 2012
Hiroaki Koide, a nuclear reactor specialist and an assistant professor at Kyoto University
- “The state of the reactors is still deteriorating … the incident is still progressing”
- “The current issues we are faced with is how to remove the radioactive material without releasing it”
- “All we can presently do is pray that there is not a large earthquake”
Odaka Hotel Owner
- Kobayashi also is highly suspicious of the assurances of the Japanese government and TEPCO about the Fukushima Daichi plant’s status.
- “If there is no radiation exposure danger here, then the only danger remaining is the reactors. I think that is why we are not being allowed to return”
- “We just want to know the truth, no matter how bad it is. If they hide one thing from us, how can we believe anything they say?”
A video on Chernobyl from the article: