August 25th, 2013
(KurtNimmo) – Despite an obvious lack of evidence the Syrian government was responsible for a chemical attack outside of Damascus earlier this week, Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron have reached and understanding that a “serious response” aimed at the government of Bashar al-Assad and his military is in order.
Sky News ramps up propaganda ahead of “serious response.”
Obama and Cameron spent 40 minutes on the telephone Saturday. According to reports, the pair decided the Syrian government is “almost certainly responsible for the assault that is believed to have killed as many as 1,400 people in Damascus in the middle of last week,” the Guardian reported on Saturday.
“The prime minister and President Obama are both gravely concerned by the attack that took place in Damascus on Wednesday and the increasing signs that this was a significant chemical weapons attack carried out by the Syrian regime against its own people,” a spokesman for No. 10 Downing Street told the newspaper. “The UN security council has called for immediate access for UN investigators on the ground in Damascus. The fact that President Assad has failed to co-operate with the UN suggests that the regime has something to hide.”
“They reiterated that significant use of chemical weapons would merit a serious response from the international community and both have tasked officials to examine all the options. They agreed that it is vital that the world upholds the prohibition on the use of chemical weapons and deters further outrages. They agreed to keep in close contact on the issue.”
British officials are attempting to head off any reasoned opposition to a military attack by floating a now common canard used to deflect criticism when the United States, Britain, France and other nations prepare to engage in state-sponsored terrorism.
“I know that some people in the world would like to say that this is some kind of conspiracy brought about by the opposition in Syria,” said the Foreign Secretary, William Hague, on Thursday. “I think the chances of that are vanishingly small and so we do believe that this is a chemical attack by the Assad regime.”
Probable action includes missile strikes and the establishment of a no-fly zone over Syria, according to The Mirror. The United States has stationed F-16 fighter jets and Patriot missiles in Jordan in preparation for inevitable attacks.
Military action is now imminent. On Monday, defense bosses from the United Kingdom, France and other nations will meet in Amman, Jordan, to discuss military options, according to the Independent.
Earlier in the week, the New York Times and the rest of the establishment media admitted there is scant evidence Syria perpetuated the attack, but over the last few days the media has reached a consensus reminiscent of the propaganda blitz in the lead-up to the invasion of Iraq that Syria is responsible despite a paucity of evidence.
“Clearly, the United States, France and Britain want public opinion on their side for stepped up intervention in Syria. They’ve decided to declare Assad and the Syrian military guilty of using a weapon of mass destruction,” writes Stephen Gowans. “But the conviction of guilt, as is evident through the statements of politicians and reporting of newspapers, rests on no sound evidentiary basis – indeed, on no evidence at all.”